Land of Opera singers
Modena, land that has always loved music, which has developed with its schools, music schools, theaters and events, the love for singing and opera.
Thanks to a vocation of the city flourished as the names of the highest quality Kabainvanska Raina, Mirella Freni and Luciano Pavarotti, "the Master".
Today the tradition of opera is cultivated by a rich program of the Municipal Theatre Luciano Pavarotti and by the School for the training of young opera singers and piano accompanists for the opera house CUBEC, where she teaches singing Mirella Freni
The city is the living sign of that presence, tell us about places and memories of him from the houses where he lived childhood and youth to places where he developed his talent and saw his first successes, such as the Teatro Comunale now named after him, Parco Novi Sad, where for years the event he created, "Pavarotti & Friends", has seen the crowds flocked to hear him singing along to the biggest names in contemporary music, the restaurant was willed by him, in Montale, which speaks of his passion for good food and the flavors of a culinary tradition, the modenese cuisine, unique in the world.
The “Master” wanted to finally, after his death (September 6, 2007), returning to his homeland.
In the cemetery of Montale, a few miles from Modena, the visitor, the friend, the lover still has a chance to remember and pay homage to the great as is appropriate.
Places to visit
- Teatro Comunale Luciano Pavarotti( reservation is compulsory tel.059/2032660 ), Corso Canalgrande 85
- Cathedral "Duomo" (place where the funeral was held)
- Ristorante Europa 92 ( famous restaurant opened in 1991 with Maestro Luciano Pavarotti on his country resort ) Via Stradello Nava 8, 41100 Modena
- Cementery of Montale - Via Vandelli, 41050 Montale (Locality of Castelnuovo Rangone)
Guided Tours : : Tel: IAT Tourist Office Information of Modena 059/2032660
Memorial Luciano Pavarotti (6th September)Modena will be back in memory of tenor Pavarotti with a great concert, with exhibitions devoted to him and other initiatives.
- Programme of Luciano Pavarotti Theatre